May 31, 2008

A Place That I'll Miss.



"Eda..Coming with you to Landmark is like accompanying a lady to a Saree shop" .. I don't deny that .. And because of this, I dont drag people to this place :-)

As I'm packing up my stuff to leave b'lore, I calculated an approximate sum of money that I had spent @ Landmark over the last two years..That would definitely come to about Rs.22,000+ i think ...People ask me why don't I go and buy second hand books that would come damn cheap ...Well, All I can say is, certain questions does not have logical answers.. the atmosphere @ Landmark is a factor..the awesome collection that they have is another.... maybe that 'freshness' in a book would be another...
But rather than all that I'd say, its not possible to rationally or logically substantiate all your actions in life.. Certain things you do because you just want to do those...And you shouldnt restrict yourself from doing those because, you might regret later in life..

( For the Unititiated, LandMark is an amazing books + vcd/dvd + electronic items + .... quite a few items ... showroom in Forum, B'lore )

9 comments:

Dhanya said...

Yeh I can identify with that :) My favorite handout is crossword though. Like the ambiance there. Sometimes I sneak out from office to be there ;)

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

I love landmark! I haven't been in one for 9 years! The one that I had been to was in Madras, but I don't think they have it anymore...

Anonymous said...

I visited Landmark in B'lore a couple years back and felt like a kid in a candy store. Thats my idea of book heaven. I couldnt have asked for more.

The assistants were like God. Very polite, helpful & produced a book I was looking for in 5 minutes out of nowhere.

Cant wait to go back there as and when!

Unknown said...

Ever came across this quote - "Never regret anything you did because at one point of time that was exactly what you wanted to do"? Not that I fully agree with this :)

Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

@dhanya -- I actually didnt like crossword much..The collection in nowhere near Landmark's ..But eitherway, thankful to Crossword that I got a book there which I didnt get in Landmark

@lavender tulips -- In Madras, not sure about that..I think they have in Mumbai too.

@rinchen - hehe :) ..Yeah, assistants are helpful there.

@bobby - Havnt heard that..But yeah, a bit tough to agree :) Depends on what we want to do :)

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Well I guess the next time I'm in India I'll have to check it out! I still have little boxes of stationery that I bought from there more than a decade ago!! =)
Good memories!

Anonymous said...

Eek!
I too frequent Landmark, but will be finished with selecting 2-3 books within 30 minutes. I'm an impulsive buyer.

Now I too have to find a source for the next two months.

Sreejith Panickar said...

:-) I have heard about Landmark from my friends there...

Anurag said...

he he...this is a nice post man...coz i have heard of people say they buy books from landmark n places coz they hate piracy n so...but ur reason of not having a reason sounds way more logical...btw...enjoy ur mba...u will have a great time i am sure