Mar 8, 2007

Dream Interpretors ??? ( Modified )



I'm getting a dream nowadays that I'm writing my std 10 language paper again ( Malayalam paper 1) ..This is not like one of those numerous engineering subjects like Theory of computation ( which has a text book -- Lewis & Papadimitrou -- that has almost all possible printing symbols in this world) , Software Engineering ( Sommerville fame -- ask any NITCian about this book,95% chance that u'll hear #$%& ....) or Electrical engineering ( semster 1 ..- I forgot the text book name-- maybe I studied on photostats... or maybe I didnt study at all.. ) in which I somehow managed to pass the test / fool the evaluator , whatever the case may be... Malayalam first paper is something in which I scored 48 / 50 --- The dream caught me so paranoid that I actually verified the marks in the SSLC book -

Any interpretations on what this dream means.. ?? Don't say that I've to go to Pareeksha Bhavan at Trivandrum and see if still my SSLC records are still there and haven't been eaten by a cow or anything like that ( FYI, Some years back there was an incident in which few SSLC books were recovered from the garbage bins at Calicut University and many were already eaten/half eaten by the cows roaming around there. ) .

Another interesting dream which once I had was getting lost in a forest with ... err , not a babe.., but with a professor of astronomy ... And we ended up debating about topics ranging from astrology ,astronomy , physics ....and so on.. I woke up before I could find a way out of the forest...

And, perhaps this will qualify to be one of my most weird dream ever -- It involved me wandering in a big city searching for a person..The dream is so vivid and vague at the same time that I can remember lot of places where I walked, but I can't remember whom I was searching for....I still dont know which city is this..it has a kind of medievial architecture, with a
beautiful sea side.

Maybe I should buy Sigmond Freud's "Interpretation of Dreams" :)

( PS:- The inspiration to write the first dream came after reading Neihal's post ,which made me realize that there are many people in this league...

Second and third dreams were added after I came to know that Serendipity tagged me to write on dreams )

Ajith

13 comments:

Serendipity said...

Tagged ya- a dream tag but again u have posted a dream here :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. Cud it be that there is still a 10th std guy hiding in this 24 yr old.. Who is still awed by the tests of time????

Ughhhh!!!! Foul attempt i knw.. ;)))))

..Me

Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

@serendipity -- :) Modified the post to add two more dreams for your tag.

@rose -- :) U know, thats actually a sensible explanation.. Maybe a kind of dual personality .

Serendipity said...

@ajith - Thank heavens it was an astronomy prof and not some history prof :D

Sigmond Freud's "Interpretation of Dreams" - Enjoy reading :P

Deepak said...

Your dreams are better. I have dreams that are even more bizarre.
Once I had a nightmare, where I hear a "serial-type Muhahahaha" laugh outside my house. I run out and look at sky only to see a Doordarshan symbol on sky. This was sometime when I was in 4th.

Another weird dream I've had is here.

Dimple said...

HAHAHAH...ajith U r nutts seriously...!!!...but that made me realize..even I get such wierd dreams..listen If u get a book on this do tell me...!!

Sreejith Panickar said...

I too dream... the same exams.... without colour and enjoyment....

Maybe I should buy Sigmond Freud's "Interpretation of Dreams" :)

Good choice! :D

A tag for you boss..... :D The 123 tag!

Anurag said...

i really pity u for the forest dream man.....it was such a loss u had the prof n not the babe in the forest ;o)

Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

@serendipity -- History would have been OK..I like history [:)] ..

@Deepak -- I abdicate.. The throne is yours [:D]

@dimple -- yeah,yeah...sure [:)]

@Sreejith -- Will do after a few days..An important post coming up [:)]

@anurag -- Kya kare....Forget life,babes are in great demand even for dreams.. [:)]

Hitchhiker said...

Sigmund Freud's 'Interpretation of dreams' is a wonderful book, but before you read it, you should know that there are other ways of interpreting dreams as well.

I by far, find the explanations of dreams by Carl C Jung far more enlightening and spiritual. A book I am currently reading is "Man and his symbols" and I really think you should read the first chapter of that book, for a balanced criticism of Freud's methods so that when you first read Freud, you'd still know it might not all be correct :)

Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

@hitchhiker -- Thanks for that..Will get in on my next trip to landmark :)

Kryptonite said...

theory of computation.. just checked out the book after u siad.. its true.. really borin n read it 4 some 5 mins.. went back to gud ol' sipser.. this happened just b4 toc end sems exam.. ;)
somerville??!? startin s5 after 3 months vacs.. till july 24th.. long time to go... n yeah u still remember the names of the text books.. ?! awesome..

Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

@anna -- starting Somerville coming July ? ..Very good..enjoy the break now :)