Feb 21, 2007

Motominged!!!!



Should have put up this post sometime back.. Neways, better late than never.. I finally said a temporary goodbye to my good-old Nokia 1100 .. Switched to Motoming - A1200 , which I bought through my friend at Motorola getting a good discount :) ..

I'm no geek to review a mobile-phone.. So, restricting it into some points..

Pros

Stylish, Voice quality is good, Camera is good, Opera web browser is OK,Pretty stable, Hand writing recognition is fine, Battery charge stays on for quite a good time...etc

Cons
It has only Realplayer support..I havent yet managed to install divx codec in it :( , There is a business card reader, which is actually quite useless.. The phone has a 200 odd pages user manual along with it, which I chucked after 2 days.

Aftermath
Seriously irritated with the Airtel customercare centre.. Had a hell lot of trouble for enabling browsing in it... Still lot of things to sort it out on that front.. Notably, though I can browse blogs through it, I'm not able to comment..The comments page just refuses to load.. And, orkut is not working properly in it :(((


More news :-
Went for a trip to Pookkot lake in Waynad with my parents and brothers.. Trip was good.. Calm and serene place.
Currently engrossed in reading Orhan Pamuk's ( Last year's Nobel Prize winner ) "Snow" ..Very very good book..Will be writing a review once I finish :)

Ajith


8 comments:

AJ said...

Has the "Lajjavati" ringtone changed ;)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

my friend has the same one , i think .. is this the one in which u can have a person's snap to match the record ?

Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

@attitudenine -- I think I've lost it da..Lajjavathi,Kattanar..all those funny tones :( It might be in that old phone..Got to check


@deepa -- Yep .. thats it. Neverthless , didnt find that feature to be that useful..Yet to experiment with it :)

Deepak said...

I'm not a big fan of MING despite being a Motorola employee.
It sure has excellent value for money, but I'm ready to pay more money for a phone with WiFi.

I'm looking forward to buying iPhone.

Flyaway Mind said...

even without motoming u r online 24/7:)))good heavens!!!i have found that blogging is more enthusiastic, when done from office and when there is hell lot
of work to finish!!!:)

Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

@deepak -- Yep..I too was leaning towards iphone.. But, that'll be released in India only by this year end i think..Thats long time :)

@flyaway mind -- Yeah yeah.. :) Somehow, internet has crept into our lives that much :) ..Blogging from office..,I write at home , save as draft and publish from here after review :)

csy0182 said...

i had enough of cell phones... i sure would like a cell free phase..

Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

@chaos -- sometimes I feel doing like that too ..Switch off cell for quite sometime :)